Child Custody and Visitation Modification

The parties may simply agree in writing to change a court-ordered visitation schedule.  Any agreement that terminates a court’s power to modify custody or visitation is void and unenforceable.  If the parents have not agreed to a change in custody, the parent who wishes to change custody must bring either a motion to modify child custody and visitation or order to show cause to do the same.  Child custody and visitation orders generally can be modified throughout the child’s minority where the court finds that such a modification is necessary or proper in the child’s best interest.

Scroll to Top