Motion Procedures Family Law

To obtain a court order for child custody, visitation, child support, alimony or modifications of any of these, a motion must be brought and served on the opposing spouse. The motion itself must be accompanied by a declaration of the spouse establishing the right to custody or support. In most counties in California, the motion should also be accompanied by the court printout showing calculation of the guideline child support.

Scroll to Top