Spousal support awards (temporary or permanent) can be modified throughout the support period if the court has continuing jurisdiction to do so.  A spousal support modification may be granted only if the party shows a material change of circumstances since the most recent order.  This depends on the facts and circumstances of each case.  The necessary change of circumstances will include all factors affecting need and ability to pay.